Location services must be enabled to choose your car. Please check your browser's setting.
Toll Payments Toll Payments
When you rent an Avis vehicle, you can travel on any toll road in Australia thanks to our partner Linkt. We have set up a simple process to ensure that payments are smooth and easy to track – without you needing to do anything.
Linkt Rental Account: How does it work?
- When you travel on a toll road, you will receive an email or SMS from Linkt about a Linkt Rental Account. This account has already been set up for you with the details you provided to Avis when booking and signing your rental agreement.
- Linkt will charge the cost of the toll trips you make to the credit or debit card you provided to Avis, plus a $3.30 fee for each day that you use a toll road.
- Log into your account using the details sent by Linkt to track your trips, access your payment details and download your statements.
- If you haven’t received an email or SMS from Linkt, or can’t access your login details, have your rental agreement number ready and the Linkt team will be able to assist you.
The description you will see on your bank statements will be a charge from Linkt and you can expect trips to be processed typically within 3 to 5 days of travel. Once all of your trips have been processed, Linkt will close the account for you.
The Linkt Rental Account that is set up while you have an Avis vehicle covers toll roads taken in that vehicle only. The Linkt Rental Account is created in addition to any personal Linkt account or pass you may already have.
Linkt Commercial Rental Accounts: How does it work?
- A Linkt Commercial Rental Account will be set up for you using the details you provided to Avis. Corporate customers will receive a one-off email or SMS from Linkt containing account details. This will be sent after the first time one of your employees travels on a toll road.
- Linkt will charge the cost of the toll trips they make to the Linkt Commercial Rental Account, plus a $3.30 fee for each day that they use a toll road.
- Log into your account using the details sent by Linkt to track your trips, access payment details and download your invoice history.
- If you haven’t received an email or SMS from Linkt, or can’t access the login details, have your rental account number ready and the Linkt team will be able to assist you.
Your monthly invoice has a payslip with available payment options. If you would like to set up auto payments from a credit or debit, you can log in online to set up and edit details at any time.
The Linkt Commercial Rental Account covers toll road trips taken by your employees in rental vehicles linked to your rental account only, but does not cover your company or business’ fleet.
Toll road travel taken by company vehicles are covered by your existing Linkt Commercial Account, if you have one and if you’ve added the vehicles to your account.
Avis has an arrangement with Linkt enabling you to use a Linkt Commercial Rental Account. For more information, read their terms and conditions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For more information on the Linkt tolling program please refer to our tolling FAQ here.