If you did not receive an email please check your junk folder. For further assistance please contact our website team.
Location services must be enabled to choose your car. Please check your browser's setting.
Earn Qantas Points | Qantas Car Hire
Earn Qantas Points | Qantas Car Hire
Avis Australia is a proud partner of Qantas Frequent Flyer and we are pleased to offer Qantas Points benefits to our customers. Your ability to earn points does not stop when you leave the terminal – you can earn throughout your journey with Avis as well.
- Earn Qantas Points on rentals - Avis customers can earn 4 Qantas Points per $1 spent on rentals in Australia* and 700 points per rental overseas. Simply include your Qantas Frequent Flyer number when making your booking.
- Discounts for Qantas Frequent Flyer members - Qantas Frequent Flyer members also receive discounts on Avis bookings, by entering their Qantas Frequent Flyer number and AWD P469100 when booking via avis.com.au.
- Redeem Qantas Points on Avis rentals and Classic Car Reward rentals - If you wish to use Qantas Points on an Avis rental, you can redeem them for bookings made via avis.com.au or qantas.com.au. For more information on redeeming Classic Car Rewards you can visit the Qantas website.
- Special Qantas Points offers – We run bonus Qantas Points offers throughout the year, giving you the opportunity to boost the number of points you earn. You can view our Offers page to see what is available.
If you wish to have your Qantas Frequent Flyer number automatically added to all Avis bookings, you can sign up to become an Avis Preferred member. We save your preferences on file, so that you don’t need to remember to add it every time you travel. Earning points has never been easier.
If you’re not a Qantas Frequent Flyer member yet, we are pleased to offer free sign up for Avis customers. Head to qantas.com/avisjoin to find out more.
Terms and Conditions
- Points in relation to goods and services of car rental frequent flyer partner services are earned in accordance with the rates and terms and conditions determined by the frequent flyer partner service and are subject to change. Please check with Avis for details prior to purchasing any product or services for rates and terms and conditions. A summary of the Qantas Frequent Flyer terms and conditions can be found at qantas.com/terms.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer members can earn points at participating locations worldwide excluding Alaska (check with Avis for details), the member must quote his/her membership number when making a reservation.
- Points can only be earned by the member using the car rental service and by one member per car rental. Points cannot be split between two or more members participating in the same rental.
- Points are earned on Time and Kilometre charges on qualifying rental rates only in Australia and not on miscellaneous charges, one-way fees, delivery/collection fees, insurance (e.g. LDW, PAI & PEB etc), excess reduction fees, fuel, GST, Airport Fees or Premium Location surcharges.
- Where points are earned on a per rental basis, daily consecutive rentals within the same city are considered as one rental. Where points are accumulated for every whole dollar spent, only charges relating to length of rental and kilometre usage will accrue points.
- Whether points are earned on a per rental basis or for every dollar spent a maximum of one rental per city per day applies.
- Points may not be earned for package holiday rentals or other rates deemed ineligible by Qantas or Avis. Points are not earned for free rentals, industry discounted rentals, government rates, group rates or other special promotional rates. Please check with Avis at time of reservation as to eligibility.
- When an upgrade occurs, points are earned based on the vehicle class paid for
- Retrospective claims will only be processed if the rental occurred no more than six months prior to receipt of the Member's claim.
- Retrospective claims or claims for points omitted from the Activity Statement will be accepted only if a copy of an Avis rental agreement or an Avis rental number is provided as proof of rental. Vouchers, charge card vouchers and confirmation advices will not be accepted.
- Using Qantas Points: Members can use Qantas Points for car hire bookings within Australia.
- Qantas Points cannot be used on package tour, government, travel industry and some corporate rates.
- A minimum of 4,000 Qantas Points is required.
- Qantas Points will also be earned on bookings made using Qantas Points as the payment method.
- Any residual amounts as a result of modifications made to bookings using Qantas Points that reduce the total cost will be stored as credit in the members’ Avis account, and can be used towards additional charges when collecting or returning vehicles.