Location services must be enabled to choose your car. Please check your browser's setting.
Pay Now Terms & Conditions
- At time of pick-up, location specific rental qualification rules apply to your rental. You must also agree to the rental terms and conditions (“Rental Agreement”) unless you are an Avis Preferred member and have opted into the master rental agreement. You must comply with our Rental Requirements. The full name on the reservation must match the name of the person collecting the vehicle as validated on their driver’s licence and credit/debit card. The credit or debit card used for the Pay Now reservation must be presented at the time of collection. If the names do not match, it may be deemed by Avis as a non-permissible change to your Pay Now reservation and Avis may be required to cancel and re-book at the current rates (including any reasonable and applicable cancellation fees).
Pay now’ and ‘Pay at Location’
- With ‘Pay Now’ bookings, you pay for the rental period and any optional extras when you book. Not all optional extras are capable of being pre-paid. Any optional extras that have been pre-booked but that cannot be pre-paid will be designated as ‘Pay at Location’ and the conditions regarding ‘Pay at Location’ may apply.
- Additional charges may apply at the end of the rental period and must be paid at the relevant location (e.g. fuel charges and extending your rental period, however, we cannot guarantee that your pre-paid daily car rate will apply).
- At time of collection, a pre-authorisation is made on your card for the estimated value of any additional charges as well as an applicable pre-authorisation of $200.00 AUD for standard vehicles ($400 for commercial vehicles). A pre-authorisation holds an amount of money in your bank account and this money is ‘on hold’ until a final payment has been made. Charges will be processed after the completion of your rental and if applicable, the unused portion of the authorisation will be released. An electronic message to your bank will be sent on the day you return your vehicle requesting the release of any holding amounts. The time it takes for this to be reflected on your statement may vary depending on your bank.
Changing your booking – all booking types
- You may change your booking (whether a ‘Pay Now’ or ‘Pay at Location’ booking) any time before the day you are due to pick-up the vehicle by calling reservations or managing your booking online (if available). You may be able to change your booking on the pick-up day, but you will need to check with reservations. We will send you a revised booking confirmation email confirming your new booking details and new amount to be paid to your email address provided.
- If you return the vehicle before the original return date (early return), you will not be refunded any portion of your payment. This does not detract from your rights as a consumer under applicable consumer protection legislation, including the Australian Consumer Law.
Cancellations – all booking types
- You may cancel your booking at any time before the day you are due to collect your vehicle by calling reservations or managing your booking online (if available).
- Depending on when you cancel, you may be charged a cancellation fee or no-show fee.
- You should retain your reservation confirmation number, as it is necessary for any modifications and cancellations. Modifications or Cancellations to your prepay reservation must be made on Avis.com.au or by calling reservations.
- If you need to cancel at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled pick-up time, you may cancel and request a refund less a fee of up to $82.50 AUD cancellation fee.
- If you need to cancel within 24 hours prior to the scheduled pick-up time, you may request a refund less a fee of up to $165.00 AUD cancellation fee.
- If the value of the reservation is less than the cancellation fee, you will not be charged any further amount and will not be entitled to any refund.
- If you fail to cancel your reservation prior to the pick-up time and do not collect the vehicle on the pick-up date, a no show fee of the entire prepaid amount will be forfeited.
- All refund requests must be submitted within 90 days of the scheduled rental pick up date. No refunds will be granted after this 90-day period.
- Amounts indicated above are inclusive of GST fees. Additional card fees may apply.
- Avis generally accepted credit cards include Visa, MasterCard and American Express. However, some locations may not accept all card types. Card transaction fees may apply please refer to the card transaction fee terms and conditions for more information.
- Debit cards are not accepted at some Avis locations and are not a recommended form of prepayment.
- Debit cards or cash may be used at the end of the rental period for payment of additional charges.
- Coupons may be applied to Pay Now rentals. Vouchers or Avis rental certificates cannot be used in conjunction with a Pay Now reservation.
- Gift Cards (Avis or any other) are not allowed on Pay Now reservations.
- Your quoted rental rate is based on the exact parameters (locations, dates, etc.) of your particular rental. Any change to your confirmed reservation may result in a different rate being charged.
- Your total rental rate is calculated based on the information provided at time of reservation.
- Extensions or late returns may result in additional charges. These additional charges are set out in the standard terms and conditions of rental, which can be downloaded via the Avis website.
- You must bring your reservation number or booking confirmation email with you. This will help the location find your details so you can get on your way as quickly as possible. Your total rental rate is calculated based on the information provided at time of reservation.
- We may refuse to allow any driver to drive the vehicle who: (i) does not hold a valid and current driving licence in the country of rental for the entire rental period, (ii) has not brought an international driving licence or official translation (if applicable), (iii) has not held their licence for the minimum period required by the rental location, (iv) has driving related convictions, or (v) who does not meet our identity, security, driving licence or credit checks.
- The rental location may refuse to rent the vehicle if you or the person making payment fails any of the checks and this leads us to believe that you, the person making any payment for the vehicle, the driver or any additional driver results in the rental being deemed high risk.
- The collection, use, disclosure and retention of your information, including your personal information, provided to us in connection with payment for our services and products, or participation in our programs, whether directly by you or on your behalf through a payment service, is subject our Privacy Notice located on our website or in the terms and conditions of the Rental Agreement and the Privacy Act 1988.