Location services must be enabled to choose your car. Please check your browser's setting.
AVIS SANDOWN SUPERCARS 2019
GAME OF SKILL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
AVIS SANDOWN SUPERCARS 2019
GAME OF SKILL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and Prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via Facebook only.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years and above (Entrants). Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The Promoter is Avis Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 15 000 165 855), Level 1, Tower B, 197 Coward Street, Mascot, NSW 2020 (‘Avis’).
- Promotion commences at 12.00pm (AEST) on Monday 23rd September 2019 and ends at 6:00pm (AEST) on Sunday 6th October 2019 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, Entrants must caption the Promotion Photo on the Avis Australia Facebook and Instagram pages at https://www.facebook.com/AvisAustralia and https://www.instagram.com/avisaustralia/ answering the question "Tell us in 25 words or less which V8 Supercar driver you’d love to join for a hot lap for your chance to win the ultimate Supercar experience in Sandown, Victoria?” and provide all requested mandatory details, during the applicable Promotional Period. The Entrant must also agree to the competition Terms and Conditions.
- Once an Entrant has submitted their completed entry they will be treated as having submitted one (1) entry into the Judging Period. Multiple entries are permitted by an Entrant, however, only one entry per day will be eligible.
- Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. There is no cost to enter the promotion.
- Any entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive or inappropriate in any way or that the Promoter considers, in its sole discretion, to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will be considered ineligible. The decision to accept or reject an entry is at the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In conjunction with condition 28 of these Terms & Conditions, as a condition of entering this promotion, Entrant irrevocably grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, and transferable licence to use, reproduce, and/or display and use your entry, together with your name or State or Territory, on the Avis Australia website, Avis Australia Facebook page and Avis Australia Instagram page, for promotional, marketing or publicity purposes and other lawful promotional purposes whether in respect of the Promotion or in any other way that the Promoter sees fit.
- The Judging will be held at 12.00pm (AEST) on Monday 7th October 2019 at Avis Australia, Level 1, Tower B, 197 Coward Street, Mascot NSW 2020.
- The entries (3) in the opinion of the Judging Panel determined as the most creative & entertaining captions submitted will receiving a prize.
- The top 3 entries judged as most creative and entertaining will receive: 2x general admission tickets
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged on content and creative merit. The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified in writing immediately via Facebook Private Messenger or Instagram Direct Message after the applicable Judging on the 7th October 2019, and will be announced on the Avis Australia Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/AvisAustralia once all winners have responded to acknowledge their acceptance of the prize.
- There will be 3 prizes to be won. Each individual prize will consist of:
- 2 x general admission tickets valued at up to $139.00AUD each
- 2019 Sandown 500 GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- The Winner of the Avis 2019 Sandown 500 competition releases and agrees to keep V8 Supercars Australia Pty Ltd ACN 077 053 484 (V8SCA) indemnified and held harmless from any claim, cost, demand, tax, liability or damage (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) suffered or incurred by V8SCA arising out of the Winners:
- Participation in the Promotion;
- Taking or use of all or part of a prize; and
- Any claim by a third party arising from an act or omission by the Winner.
- V8SCA is not liable for any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If any part or provision in these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or illegal, that part or provision will be read down so that it is not invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or illegal. If part of the Terms and Conditions cannot be read down, it will be severed and the remaining provisions will continue in full force.
- If the prize(s) is unclaimed or forfeited by 5:00pm (AEST) Tuesday 8th October 2019, the prize will be awarded to the entrant with the next most creative entry in the Judging, as determined by the judging panel, at the same time, day and location as the original judging. The winner, if any, will be notified in writing via Facebook Private Messenger immediately.
- Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. If for any reason the winner is unable to accept the prize as stated, the winner will forfeit the prize and no compensation will be given in lieu. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings. Values are accurate as of 19 February 2019, and the Promoter is not responsible for any variation in values. Prize values are in Australian dollars and recommended retail price includes GST where applicable. Prize supplier conditions apply.
- The winner must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Prize Terms & Conditions apply.
- The prize does not include travel to or from the Prize location, accommodation or any other expenses associated with accepting a prize.
- The prize is subject to availability. Any changes or costs incurred once the tickets have been issued will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
- If the Prize, or any portion of the Prize, cannot be provided for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative Prize to the same value and nature, subject to approval by the relevant state authorities.
- Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter and claim a Prize, and any information submitted by the Entrant in entering the promotion, before issuing a Prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction then all the entries of that Entrant will be ineligible and deemed invalid.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- The Prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with taking any Prize or using any Prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not responsible for any problems, delays or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, fax equipment, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a network or a mobile network or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to Entrant's or any other person's fax equipment, mobile handset, computer or peripherals related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
- The Promoter will communicate and advertise this competition using Facebook and Instagram. The competition however, is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. Each entrant completely releases Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability. Entrants acknowledge that all content posted on Facebook or Instagram must be in accordance with Facebook and Instagram terms (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php) and (https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870).
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or if necessary to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as the original Prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) tampering with the entry process; (b) for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) if the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, an Entrant consents to, in the event they are a winner, the Promoter using the Entrant’s image and caption, name, likeness, image, voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same), and/or entry in any media for an unlimited period of time and worldwide without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, zany products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter and their associated or affiliated companies. The Entrant agrees that, in the event they are a winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the Promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
- The Promoter may at their discretion choose to publish entries during and/or after the Promotion Period. This will not to be any reflection on the success of that published entry/entries in a Judging.